TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The “Terms” By using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms. The Terms apply to all users of this website, and to all purchases of goods and services from SMOOTH Spirits and its affiliate companies. If you do not accept these Terms, then we will all be saddened. We may amend the Terms at any time by updating them on this website. The amended Terms will take immediate effect upon publication, and by continuing to access the website you agree to be bound by oath and honour to the amended Terms. We will supply goods and services to you on these Terms only unless we have expressly agreed in writing to a variation of them.
2. Your information In order to purchase products you will be asked to provide certain personal information (e.g. name, delivery address, phone number, email address). We will only use your information internally, because that’s how we roll.
3. Your order We remain the owner of the product that we supply to you until we have received payment in full for the product. All prices are listed in New Zealand dollars and must be paid for in New Zealand dollars. All prices include GST. Delivery charges are based on weight and destination. No contract for the sale and purchase of products will be formed, or variation or cancellation made, until we confirm acceptance of your order, variation, or cancellation. By law we cannot sell or supply alcohol to persons under the age of 18 years. When you place an order for any alcohol you confirm that you, and the recipient, are both aged 18 years or over. Proof of ID may be requested at the time you place your order or at the time of delivery.
4. Delivery We only deliver to New Zealand but contact us for International deliveries. The product is at your risk as soon as it is delivered to you. Delivery will be deemed to have been made when it is left at the address nominated in your order, or when a “Card to Call” delivery slip has been left at that premises. If you are concerned about something going missing or not being left in a suitable place, we do encourage you to request the “Signature Required” delivery service at no extra cost to you. We supply smooth products and endeavor to ensure that the product leaves us in good condition. We use third parties to deliver our products so please contact us immediately if our product has been damaged in transit. We will make reasonable endeavors to deliver the products to the address nominated in your order within a reasonable time of accepting your order (see the usual delivery time frames). If you have specified a delivery date, we will try our best to deliver the products by that date but time will not be of the essence and we will not be liable for late delivery. Late delivery does not entitle you to cancel any order or part of any order. We will re-deliver, replace or refund the product (at our option) if we have incorrectly addressed the delivery but we take no such responsibility if you gave an incorrect or insufficient address, or if there was no delivery due to the premises having no safe access point (e.g. a dog, wild pack of cats, masses of small children brandishing sticks and stones).
5. Third party links The website may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the operation of, or the content on, any such site. And neither are you.
6. Copyright All of the content included on this website, including, but not limited to, trademarks, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, and intellectual property is the property of Smooth Spirits. When it comes to SLY Dog – you can pat it – but it’s our Dog.
7. Gift certificate/voucher usage Prepaid gift certificates/vouchers are redeemable for goods sold by us. Lost or stolen vouchers are the responsibility of the holder. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash (including any partly used gift voucher balance). Gift cards expire 12 months after the date that they were issued. (even though we don’t actually have any vouchers).
8. Liability To the extent permitted by law, all express or implied conditions and warranties in connection with the website, the service and sale of any products are excluded. We do not exclude liability under any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded by law. In those circumstances, to the extent permitted by law, we expressly limit our liability for breach of a condition or warranty implied by virtue of any law at our option to: the replacement of the product; or the supply of equivalent products; or making a full refund to you for the price of those goods or services. We will not, in any case, be liable for any consequential or special damages, including loss of business profits, nor will we be in any way responsible for any losses, damages, costs or other consequences (direct or indirect) arising from any delay in delivery. If you are still reading. Award yourself a gold star. A spendid effort indeed. We reserve the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content (without notice), or cancel orders (without charge to you) at our discretion. We will endeavour to supply you with the goods or services ordered, but we will not be liable to any person if we decline to fulfil, or are unable to fulfil, an order. We reserve the right to substitute items in your order for goods of equal or greater value.
9. Registration You may register with us when purchasing items using this website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password, and for preventing unauthorised access to your account. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, so please take all necessary precautions to ensure that the username and password is kept confidential and secure. Please inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your username and/or password has become known to anyone else, or are being, or are likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. Your information will be used for management purposes, to process your order (and any future orders you may make), to enforce any legal or other rights we may have against you in any manner that we see fit, and to keep you informed about new products, specials and other information that may be of interest to you, including without limitation via electronic messages. Please contact us if you wish to delete your customer account.
10. Dispute These Terms, and any matters or disputes connected with this website or service, will be governed by the laws of New Zealand and will be dealt with by the New Zealand courts. In the event of an apocalypse, then any laws remaining thereafter also remain applicable. In the event of an alien invasion, we may, unfortunately, need to abide by any draconian laws set by any new overlords. That pretty much covers it. Thanks for reading. And keep it Smooth.